If you suffer from high blood pressure it is extremely important that you stay on top of your blood pressure readings. There is a saying that goes, you can’t improve what you don’t measure. This holds true for lowering your blood pressure. To be able to improve your blood pressure and track your progress you must measure and monitor your blood pressure regularly.
While monitoring your blood pressure is important, it will do you no good if you do not know how to properly check your blood pressure or if you do not have the right device to do so.
This article will walk you step-by-step through how to properly take your blood pressure reading at home. To get more solutions to your health problems, join our email list and get great health and lifestyle information delivered to your inbox.
While some links below are affiliate links, there is no additional charge to you. If you make a purchase, I make a commission. Please know that I will only affiliate myself with products and services I believe in.
The Right Monitor
First, before you can take your blood pressure reading, you must have the right monitor to do so. There are many blood pressure monitors on the market, but the Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor has one of the highest review ratings on Amazon.
When you are at home and you need to check your blood pressure then the Omron Blood Pressure Monitor is all you need. It’s easy to use and it is very comfortable.
Well, the question of how to check your blood pressure and what device to use is an important question to answer. So, let’s step towards the right system for monitoring your blood pressure and the way it is used!
Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Are you facing a high blood-pressure problem and tired of going to the doctor for a regular blood pressure check-up? Check out this multi-functional Omron blood-pressure monitor for sale and home use and get rid of going to the doctor again and again.
Larger White Light Display
Together with the large display that has a custom-made LED screen, a superlative and impressive monitor design, you will get a very powerful and outstanding visual experience along with this display, as it provides you with easy reading and fast performance.
Furthermore, the best monitoring device automatically checks your blood pressure having very advanced measuring techniques. Similarly, this product is very simple and convenient and will help you to track an irregular heartbeat as well. With the Omron blood pressure monitor accuracy, you can check your heart-rate also.
Modern Two-User Memory
Effectively, you will be able to manually check the recording of your reading with this tool. Hence, you can easily store 200 total readings on the monitor for 2 people (100 per user). Also, you can get the date and time of all readings when you need to check the previous history.
Features and Benefits
- Dual LCD backlit screen with extra-large digits to display your last reading beside your current reading for comparison. Easy Wrap ComFit cuff fits arms 9″ to 17″ in circumference.
- Includes irregular heartbeat symbol that signals the number of irregular heartbeats (up to 3); Hypertension indicator alerts you if your systolic/diastolic measurements are out of normal range; TruRead technology takes 3 readings and calculates the average.
- Bluetooth connectivity with the free Omron connect app (on select iOS & Android devices) stores unlimited readings and users; Works with Amazon Alexa enabled devices using the Omron Health skill.
- Omron is the #1 recommended home blood pressure monitor brand by doctors and pharmacists for clinically accurate home monitoring, and the #1 selling manufacturer of home blood pressure monitors for over 40 years.
- Great Visual Experience
- Very accurate and quick results
- Fully automatic monitor
- Excellent date and time stamps
- Smaller in size
How To Properly Use the Monitor For An Accurate Reading?
Now that you know all about the #1 recommended home blood pressure monitor brand by doctors and pharmacists let’s learn how to properly take your blood pressure reading.
When you follow the steps below, you will get a more accurate reading and measurement of your current blood pressure. If you find that your blood pressure is elevated or that your doctor has diagnosed you with high blood pressure, do not feel as if you have to live with it for the rest of your life. There are steps you can take to reduce and manage your blood pressure. Read my article, “How I Lowered My High Blood Pressure in 5 Easy Steps” to learn more.
How To Take Your Blood Pressure
Here are the steps you need to know when taking your blood pressure at home:
1. Do not smoke, take in caffeine, or exercise 30 minutes prior to taking your blood pressure. Sit still and be quiet for 5 minutes prior to taking your reading.
2. If you have on a long sleeve shirt, roll up your sleeve.
3. Wrap the cuff around your left arm with the bottom of the cuff above the fold of your elbow.
4. Sit in a chair with your back straight against the chair and both feet flat on the floor (do not cross your legs).
5. Place your left arm with your elbow flexed on the table at heart level.
6. Turn your palm upward.
7. If your blood pressure is elevated, wait 5 minutes and retake your reading.
8. Measure your blood pressure at the same time twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Record your readings and share them with your doctor.
Remember, you can’t improve what you don’t measure. Therefore, use the Omron blood pressure monitor and follow these steps to properly take and monitor your blood pressure and begin reducing your high blood pressure and live your best life.
Don’t let these common health problems go unnoticed. Join our email list and get health solutions for men over 40.
Go to the comment section and let us know your thoughts.
Subscribe, like, and share my blog and begin living your best life now.
Sign up for health & wellness stuff that really matters delivered to your inbox.
Check out our website www.BestMensHealthandLifestyle.com
Follow us on Twitter @BestMensHealth1
Leave a Reply